Become an Aspire Mentor!
ASPIRE is a mentoring program managed by the Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) that matches trained and supportive adult volunteer mentors with students to develop a plan to help them meet their education goals beyond high school.
Why should I mentor a student?
- Create an interest in education and training beyond high school
- Improve classroom attendance
- Increase scholastic ability and performance
- Give students hope for their future
What makes a good mentor?
- Being enthusiastic
- Having an interest in working with youth
- Being reliable and consistent
- Following program policies and procedures
How do I become a mentor?
2. Complete a Volunteer Interest Form or contact an ASPIRE coordinator.
3. Review ASPIRE Volunteer Position Description.
4. Complete ASPIRE Volunteer Application and submit to your ASPIRE coordinator.
5. Complete ASPIRE Volunteer Orientation and Training.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Career Center with the ASPIRE program, please contact:
Coordinator - Erica Frafjord firstname.lastname@example.org 503.785.8768