- Fall senior project option #2 students: You need to attend a college visit in the college and career center and write a reflection on your experience. Many colleges visit in the fall trimester and less in the winter so be diligent. The following career-related learning experiences are available with limited openings:
- Sports Services Career Day – Hillsboro Stadium on Oct. 24 and Kaiser Health Services Career Day on Nov. 7.
- These are offered through the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce and are great opportunities for seniors. Details about each CRLE are found on the senior project bulletin board found in the A hallway.
- Manufacturing Day is right around the corner. Come learn about a variety of careers in a growth industry. Pick up and return your permission slips at the counseling office. Space is limited!
- Wrestlers: We will have open gyms starting next week on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00. If you have any questions, contact Coach Bates.
- Are you a softball player or interested in softball? Our annual fall player meeting will be held today at 3:15 or tomorrow morning at 7:00. We will have our open facility schedule out and you will receive information on important dates for our upcoming season. If you have questions, contact information is on the softball page on the high school website.
- Picture re-takes are next Thursday before school and during lunches. Picture packets are available in the office.
- Attention International Seminar Students: Registration forms are now available from any group leader or on Ms. Pitt’s website. Completed forms are due no later than Tuesday, October 17th. Questions? See Ms. Pitt in D110.
- Attention student drivers: Please do not use the school bus parking lot as an exit route during lunches or after school. This is private property and CANNOT be used. Drivers failing to follow this request will be reported to security. Thank you for your cooperation.
- OSU-Cascades will be here tomorrow and Grand Canyon University on Tuesday. Please sign up in A125 if interested.
- Homecoming tickets are on sale in the commons during both lunches. Tickets are $7 or $5 with two cans of food. Prices will go up to $10 if you wait to buy your ticket at the dance.
- October Tri-Met bus passes are available in the accounting office through Oct. 10 for $28.
- The PSAT is on Oct. 11th. It is available to 9th, 10th and 11th graders. This gives you more access to colleges and scholarships. It is highly recommended for anyone applying to a 4-year college. Freshmen and juniors will need to pay $16 to the accounting office by Oct. 4th. Sophomores: Please return your signed PSAT permission slip to your advisory teacher by the Wednesday, October 4th deadline.
- Free stuff! When you participate in the ASVAB Career Exploration Program, you get access to exclusive career planning tools. Find your interest and link them to hundreds of occupations with online access to personalized career planning activities. Sign up in the counseling office today.
- Congrats to everyone in “The trial of Ebenezer Scrooge”! A special shout out to Taryn McGhee, Alexis Davis, Jaedon Lewis, Cole Pearson, Ryan Takko, Taryn Buckingham, Annabella Mumma, Madylin Johnson and Maddy Moyes for being cast in just some of the really great speaking roles in the show! The entire list is posted on our Facebook page. Come see them and everyone else in the fabulous cast December 6th through 9th.
Please sign up in A125 if interested.
The following colleges will be on our campus this week:
|University of Alabama||Thurs, Sept 28||8:00 am|
|George Fox University||Thurs, Sept 28||12:30 pm|
|OSU Cascades||Friday, Sept 29||12:30 pm