Photo by Grant Pauli.
The Oregon City Athletics Hall of Fame committee is currently seeking nominations for the Hall of Fame Class of 2020. Please see the information below to nominate an individual or team. Nominations are due by Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The ceremony will be held on Saturday. April 18, 2020.
The Oregon City High School Hall of Fame is being established to recognize the athletic accomplishments of its individuals, teams and supporters.
Outstanding athletes who have distinguished themselves in their respective sports
Coaches who have contributed significantly to the social, physical, and intellectual development of OCHS student athletes and/or to the excellence of the athletic program
Teams that have set themselves apart by notable achievement
Other individuals (e.g., administrators, community leaders) who have made outstanding contributions to the OCHS athletic program and/or who have contributed significantly to the development of the student-athletes who are selected as Hall of Fame members
Criteria for selection include achievements while at OCHS, plus/or may include accomplishments in athletics and/or in other fields later in life
The following five categories will be considered for selection to the Oregon City High School Hall of Fame. Final season completed at least three years prior to nomination.
1. TEAM SPORT INDIVIDUALS
• 1st team all-state
• 1st team all-tournament honors
• Selected to area or league scholar/athletic team
• Multi-sport all-state recognition
2. INDIVIDUAL SPORT INDIVIDUALS (Must have demonstrated exceptional ability in his/her sport. Must have exhibited commitment, a strong work ethic, and leadership in athletic participation. May have achieved continued success in his/her sport beyond high school.
• State Champion
• 1st team all-state
• All League Honors
• All State Honors
• Holder of School and/or state record(s)
• Most Valuable Player Awards
• Participation in a major national or international event
3. TEAMS Exceptional accomplishments at and/or above the league level. Made significant impact and/or brought special distinction to OCHS athletics. Established a school record or records)
• Teams that had outstanding ANY OCHS or significant achievements.
4. COACHES (Must have coached at least seven years at OCHS, with final season completed at least three years prior to nomination. Demonstrated success as a coach not just with won-loss record but by positive, enduring impact on athletes, on the school, and in the community continued success in his/her sport beyond high school.
• Created a culture of trust, caring, and respect – the core values that make OCHS an outstanding school
• Demonstrated ability to be a true educator to student-athletes, developing their character, self-responsibility and self-confidence
• Provided an exemplary role model through demonstrated integrity, work ethic, commitment, and sportsmanship
• May have been given specific recognition among his/her peer group (e.g., coach of the year)
• May have achieved impressive won-loss record and/or won state championship(s)
5. DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
• Significant contributions to the athletic program.
• Years of service.
Consideration for nomination should include some or all of the following categories:
• Good Citizen/Character
• Multi-Sport Achievements
The Hall of Fame Committee is looking for any articles, photos, information on past Oregon City High School athletic teams/accomplishments. Please contact or send a scanned image to email@example.com.
OCHS Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
Andrew Jones, Athletic Director/Associate Principal
Joan Ferguson, OCHS Athletic Secretary and OCHS Alumni
Linda Downs, Former OCHS Athletic Secretary
Ed Burton, Former OCHS Educator, Former Head Football Coach, Former Head Wrestling Coach
Bob Shields, Former OCHS Athletic Director
Roger Rolen, Former OCHS Head Wrestling Coach and Educator
Bob Light, Former OCSD Administrator
Dave Lee, Former OCSD Educator, OCHS Head Cross Country Coach
Julie Ellis, OCHS Alumni and Current OCSD Teacher at Ogden MS
Cyndi Borgmeier, OCHS Alumni and Current Principal at Gaffney Lane Elementary School
Kristin Mull, Current OCHS Head Girls Track Coach and OCHS Alumni
Art Kirchhofer, OCHS Alumni and current Oregon City Business Owner
Dan Serres, OCS Alumni and Oregon City Business Owner