Scholarships & Financial Aid



Sign up to receive text updates about new scholarships, upcoming scholarship deadlines, or other scholarship information by texting @ocmoney to 81010!



Presentation (pdf) 




Scholarships are a form of gift aid - money given to students that does not have to be repaid. Not every student will receive a scholarship, but it is important that you make an effort to identify and apply for scholarships.


Applying for Scholarships

Successful scholarship applicants generally don't apply for just one scholarship.  They apply for several, and so should you.  Many scholarships require you to complete a formal scholarship application.  They may also request additional information such as:

  • An essay or personal statement
  • Letters of recommendation
  • Examples of work in a specific study area - SAT/ACT scores
  • Transcripts
  • Telephone or in-person interview

A good scholarship search extends beyond searching the Internet.  You should also talk with your family, friends, and school counselor.  Your local public library may contain books or lists of scholarships. Investigate local employers (including your own if you have a job) and civic organizations to see if they offer scholarships.  Finally, make sure to research the scholarship opportunities available at the colleges you are interested in attending.

Information provided by


Scholarship Search Websites



OSAC Scholarship

Scholarships for Oregon high school students are available through OSAC (Oregon Student Access Commission). Priority deadline is February 15th at 5:00 PM.

Regular deadline is March 1st! OSAC allows you to complete one application for multiple scholarships such as the coveted Ford Scholarship! Click here for more details about the Ford Scholarship.






Financial Aid & the FAFSA

What is the FAFSA & how can it help me?

Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid in order to gain access to grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study to help pay for postsecondary education!

SENIORS - File your FAFSA on or soon after OCTOBER 1st!!!!!!!
Early is always better!

What Do I Need to File My FAFSA?

1) Social Security numbers or Permanent Resident Card
2) FSA ID for student and parent completing the application
3) W2's or records of money earned from the previous year. Yours and your parents'. If you have not filed this year's taxes, use your W2's from last year's tax return as an estimate. You will have to update your income after the FAFSA is submitted.
4) Tax Documents

Which Parent's Income Information Do I Need For The FAFSA?

The parents required to disclose information on the FAFSA will be:

The student’s different-gender married parents
The student’s different-gender married parent with whom the student lives and stepparent
The student’s two parents, whether or not they are married and regardless of gender, if they live in the same home as the student
The student’s single parent, if the student lives in a household headed by only one adult or if only one of the unmarried adults in the household is the student’s biological or adoptive parent

Steps on Filling out the FAFSA



Need More Help?

Contact the Financial Aid Office at CCC - Darcie Iven 503.594.3421
Visit CCC's FAFSA Lab! Monday-Thursday 10am-1pm - 1:30pm-3pm

Roger Rook Hall - CCC

CCC Can help with:

How to fill out a FAFSA
What happens after you fill out the FAFSA
How to check your account on MyClackamas account at CCC
How is the money paid out?
How and when to apply for scholarships
Help with scholarship applications
How to look for scholarships

Bring with you:

Tax Returns