Complete a Senior Project
Senior Project - Option 1
Students selecting option #1 need to READ over all of the information on this page and check your email regularily for email updates from Mr. Leong. Students wanting to complete a Senior Project need to be self motivated, organized, and willing to work with a mentor. In order to be considered a Senior Project, a student needs to develop, create, implement, and document a project that is of interest to the student. Make sure your project meets the following 4 standards of rigor:
Apply – you actually have to use the skill, not just describe it
Extend – it is more than you have done or have been asked to do before
Academic & Specialized Knowledge &Skills – it includes knowledge & skills you learned in school or that are part of a specific area of interest
New Situation – it is different from something you have done before
Important Senior Project details:
• Project activities to include a minimum of 15 hours of activities
• Student is NOT allowed any late assignments. Late assignments will automatically cause your grade to be dropped to a C. See grading for option #1.
• Planning, developing, organizing, and running/doing the activity are all part of competing a project determined by the student
• Mentor is required to support activities (not parent or family member)
• Student will document their activites
Take a look at ideas for possible document evidence you will want to have - Documentation evidence ideas
• So I am lost on how to get started on doing a Senior Project - Option 1, what should I do?
Have you looked at the Senior Project examples above.
• How am I graded for competing a Senior Project?- See Senior Project Option 1 scoring guide
• How can I stay organized and on top of what I need to do for my Senior Project?
• Who do I contact if I need help or assistance on my Senior Project?
Contact Mr. Leong in F115 during period 5 or email him at email@example.com
• How is all work turned in for option 1?
Work for steps 1 - 4 for your senior project are turned in electronically through Google forms to Mr. Leong. There is no need to share any Google Docs with him.
Step #5 your project portfolio can be a Google doc created by you and shared with me, a Power point emailed to me or an email that guides me to a web site to view your project portfolio. Please do not send seperate emails of your project evidence, it should all be in one electronic document.
• Can I turn in work late for Senior Project, Option #1?-
Yes, but it will affect your overall grade. You have chosen option #1 which offers you a lot of flexiablity on your part, BUT you are required to meet all deadlines. You can always turn assignments in early, but late work will lower your overall grade to a C. See Senior Project Option 1 scoring guide
Here's your steps for completing your Option #1 Senior Project: